Imagine this: You’re driving down the road, windows down, wind blowing through your hair, and your favorite country music radio station is on the radio playing that awesome new song by your favorite country music artist. What could be better?
What if that song was a duet by two of your favorite country artists? KABOOM! (Mind = Blown)
It’s true! The only thing better than an epic country music ballad by your favorite country music artist is a duet by two of your favorite country artists. For example, Blake Shelton < Trace Adkins & Blake Shelton.
The best part? Country duets resonate with us in a way no other song can. They tell stories from two perspectives, often times forcing us to decide which side of the story we relate to better. Imagine the first time you ever heard Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash sing their duet, Jackson. Maybe you could relate when Johnny said, “When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow. All them women gonna make me, teach ’em what they don’t know how…” Or maybe you stood by June’s side when she said, “Well, go on down to Jackson; go ahead and wreck your health. Go play your hand you big-talkin’ man, make a big fool of yourself…” Either way, that song stuck with you in a way few other could.
As you’re probably aware, there are a lot of great country music duets out there. Since there isn’t time to list all of them, we came up with 29 country music duets we love. So sit back and listen, and let us know in the comment section which ones you like and if there are any you think we missed.
1. Lonely Tonight – Blake Shelton & Ashley Monroe
2. Damn Good Friends – Tyler Farr & Jason Aldean
3. It’s Your Love – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
4. Somethin’ Bad – Miranda Lambert & Carrie Underwood
5. Wild Child – Kenny Chesney & Grace Potter
6. Don’t You Wanna Stay – Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson
7. Easy – Rascal Flatts & Natasha Bedingfield
8. Raise ‘Em Up – Keith Urban & Eric Church
9. Whiskey Lullaby – Brad Paisley & Allison Krauss
10. As She’s Walking Away – Zac Brown Band & Alan Jackson
11. Off The Record – Aaron Watson & Charla Corn
12. Roll Me Up – Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg, Kris Kristofferson, & Jamey Johnson
Ok, so this one isn’t technically a duet, but it’s so good. It may be the best song ever recorded.
13. Beautiful World – Dierks Bentley & Patty Griffin
14. If I Was A Woman – Trace Adkins & Blake Shelton
15. I Told You So – Carrie Underwood & Randy Travis
16. Another Try – Josh Turner & Trisha Yearwood
17. I Don’t Care – Darius Rucker & Brad Paisley
18. Creepin’ In – Norah Jones & Dolly Parton
19. You and Tequila – Kenny Chesney & Grace Potter
20. From This Moment On – Shania Twain & Bryan White
21. We Were Us – Keith Urban & Miranda Lambert
22. Easy – Lionel Richie & Willie Nelson
23. Remind Me – Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood
24. Beer for My Horses – Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
This song is only one of the many possibilities of things that can happen when Toby Keith and Willie Nelson are in the same room.
25. Let’s Make Love – Faith Hill & Tim McGraw
It is a known fact that many children were conceived to the tune of this song. You know it’s on your you-know-what playlist.
26. It’s 5 o’Clock Somewhere – Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
27. I’m So Happy I Can’t Stop Crying – Toby Keith & Sting
28. Jackson – Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash
One of the greatest and most volatile relationships in country music. They inspired us by the sheer will their relationship had to succeed while at the same time taught us what we shouldn’t be. The only thing this duo left us wishing is that they had recorded even more duets together.