You shouldn’t be afraid to shop, but here are some helpful tips to help.
Unless you have a prepper’s pantry in your home, at some point you’ll have to venture out to pick up more groceries. But how can you avoid bringing the coronavirus back from the store?
According to Dr. Jeffrey VanWingen, here are some of his tips:
- If possible, leave the non-perishable stuff outside for three days so the virus has a chance to die off. If you need what you purchased right away, sanitize the packaging. The rest (perishable items) need to be cleaned inside.
- Fruits and vegetables should be washed with soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Toss the outer packaging on boxed goods. Sanitize everything afterward.
- Experts also recommend going shopping early in the day, when there’s less foot traffic in the supermarket. And only touch what you are going to purchase.
- Make sure to wipe down the shopping cart you use and keep some hand sanitizer with you.
How have your shopping habits changed since the pandemic hit?
Subscribe to Eagle's Blog!
Get the latest updates on country music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.