Well known singer/songwriter, Dierks Bentley will be performing this Saturday, September 17 at 7:00 PM at USANA Amphitheatre in West Valley City, UT . He is best known for hits such as “Somewhere on a Beach,” “Drunk on a Plane,” “What Was I Thinkin’,” and “Different for Girls.” We all know Dierks is one handsome man and extremely talented, but there is still a lot we do not yet know about him. In honour of the upcoming concert, we’ve rounded up 15 fun facts about the man himself! Check out the list below for 15 things you might not know about the country star.
- He became the youngest member of the Grand Ole Opry at age 29.
- He still stands as the third youngest member of the Grand Ole Opry after Carrie Underwood and Josh Turner.
- Dierks is not his real first name, it is actually his middle name. His full name is Frederick Dierks Bentley.
- He was born in Phoenix, Arizona.
- He taught himself to play guitar at the age of 13!
- He is the son of Leon Fife Bentley, who was a First Lieutenant in World War II.
- He is a frat boy. Bentley attended the University of Vermont, where he was initiated into Sigma Alpha Epsilon. After a year, he transferred to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, where he graduated in 1997.
- His first gig paid a whopping $25. (Sadly, his bar tab was double that!)
- He married Cassidy Black on December 17, 2005.
- He and his wife have 2 dogs, Jake and George.
- He holds a private pilot license and owns a Cirrus SR22
- He and his wife have 3 children. Their names are Evelyn Day Bentley, Jordan Catherine Bentley and Knox Bentley
- He has 10 career No. 1 songs as a singer and songwriter. His first five albums have sold more than 5 million copies and gained 11 Grammy nominations.
- He loves a good tailgate, he admits he regularly heads out in the parking lot before his shows to see who is tailgating.
- His favourite sport is hockey and he takes his gear on the road with him, in case he has time to hit the local ice.
Subscribe to Eagle's Blog!
Get the latest updates on country music and celebrity news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.