(photo credit: Kenneth Lu)
Five Movies You’re Dying To See This Spring. Spring starts the kickoff of all the big Hollywood blockbusters that the studio are hoping will make a billion, zillion dollars. But there’s 5 in particular that you’ll gladly lay down twelve bucks to see.
1. Deadpool – Ryan Reynolds as the most pitiful superhero ever, so hideous that even though his body is indestrucable, he has to wedge into a full bodysuit and hood, just to keep from freaking out the general populace. This is another of the Marvel superheroes, and Reynolds is really funny. Release date: February 12.
2. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – the brilliant “zombification” of Jane Austen’s classic hits theatres on February 5. Romance, passion and you know, zombies.
3. Zoolander 2 – Blue Steel is back! You know you missed Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as the vapid models out to…uh…save the world. Besides, any movie that knocks off Justin Bieber has to be great. Opens February 12.
4. Triple 9 – Even if you don’t like crime dramas, every woman I know is hitting the theatres on day one because Norman Reedus (Daryl in The Walking Dead) is starring. There’s blood, guts, Woody Harrelson, Aaron Paul and Kate Winslet. (Kate Winslet?) Opens February 26.
5. The Divergent Series: Allegiant – Shaliene Wooley and the rest of the Divergents run into a whole new secret: a wildly perfect society on Earth willing to “rescue” some of the population before destroying the rest of the world. Opens March 18.